Tuesday 26 January 2010

Good Moorneeng!!! (bad attempt at policeman from 'Allo 'Allo)

I do love mornings, they are positively the best part of the day.  It's the potential they bring.  Of a morning after dropping my gorgeous Biscuits off at school, I potter for a little time and then I must have a cappuccino.  I don't do caffeine much, it doesn't agree with me, but I have this one caffeine ritual everyday.  I then force myself to sit and ponder the deeds for the day............
So today, apart from the usual (B.O.R.I.N.G!) necessary domestic chores like dusting and hoovering, I need to replenish our frozen baked goods as stores are running low.  Cakes, biscuits, tray-bakes etc freeze really well and it means each day I can put a little something the the Biscuits' lunch bags for a burst of energy to get them through the afternoon at school. Hubby Biscuit can help himself too!!  So a  peruse of baking books me thinks!  Also I'm feeling like a plateful of comfort food this evening, macaroni cheese with added cauliflower (Hubby hates it so will add after his is served) with lots of green veg.  That does sound nice, not that I need a recipe to work from, but I love the photo in Rachel Allen's Food at Home book.  I, like many of you have been making varying forms of macaroni cheese for years, with or without onions, spring onions, pancetta, mascarpone, gruyere, strong cheddar, peas. The variations are limitless!  Has to be Marshalls Macaroni though!  I am strict on that.   But in all else, it's one of those 'what do I fancy?' meals. Yummy!!  I can't wait!!
A couple of stitches here and there and a little looksy at my favourite blogs and I'm set for the day!


X

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are "sorted". Macaroni cheese in this house has onions, bacon and mushrooms added............ YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the baking went well....Ali your blog is always so yummy i now want to eat macaroni cheese and i don't even know if i like it. Have a lovely evening xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, now I want macaroni cheese too!!!
    I love mornings the best - full of possibilities!! It all goes down hill here after 2 as school=pick-up-time looms and not a lot has been achieved!! But I am always optimistic that today will be different!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tanya, that's EXACTLY the way I feel about my days, luckily though my boys are getting themselves home now so at least I have a little extra time to feel I've not achieved much!
    The macaroni cheese was lush!!
    Can you tell I've been watching alot of Gavin and Stacey?
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ali, i finished the wolf cupcake brooch would you like me to email a photo to you? hope you are having a lovely wednesday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ali, i just listed wolf for you :) Have a great day! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That all sounds yum and I'm not even a big fan of macaroni cheese. Cauli cheese though....yummmmmy! Can't wait to see what lovely baked goodies you come up with. Thanks for all your lovely comments over at mine. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how funny I am just thinking about making my morning cappucino! I am like you cant drink to much coffee apart from just one a day usually in the morning!

    I have to say not that keen on Maccaroni cheese but you make it sound almost delicious! lol.

    Have a lovely rest of the day.


    MBBx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from all you interesting folks out there so don't be shy.
Had to put the annoying word verification back on as the spam was getting silly. Forgive me! Ali

linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails